Sunday, June 24, 2012

24w6d

Well, let's see... I never know what to say anymore, so I found one of the cheesy survey things to fill out for you guys :) 

How far along? 24 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: Gained 10 official pounds, but I was on vacation last week and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll see the updated damage then :) I think about 15lbs....  
Maternity clothes? Yes and no. I'm still hair banding my jeans and shorts, but have succumbed to maternity tops.
Stretch marks? No new ones, but I have lots from my 9lb 5oz daughter!
Sleep: Surprisingly, I'm usually sleeping through the night! 
Best moment this week: My daughter and I were on vacation all week, so just relaxing and not having to worry about work was amazing. I got to see my dad and stepmom, sister, brother in law, niece, and one of my best friends.
Have you told family and friends: Yes, most of my family and friends know. I've received a lot more support than expected from some of my parents friends, which has been wonderful!
Miss Anything? My "regular" body, and BEER! Lol!
Movement: Lots of movement! She is moving more and more and it is absolutely my favorite part of pregnancy. I could lay on the couch for hours and just watch her move. She is really active in the morning and in the evening, so it's nice to just relax in the quiet while my daughter is sleeping and enjoy some quiet time together. 
Food cravings: Not really. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and I think the belly popped out this week!
Gender prediction: She has been confirmed a girl!
Labor Signs: Nope, thank goodness. 
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. I find myself getting more easily irritated at work, but I am still mostly happy.
Looking forward to: Nothing I can think of really. I am just enjoying every day I get to spend with this sweet girl. It is a little different since I don't have to put together a nursery, think about a baby shower, think of a name, buy things, etc.
Not loving: Not being able to go longer than an hour or 2 without peeing. And that feeling when you drink too much water and you feel full up to your throat. Other than that, all is great :) 

I didn't really blog much about our last ultrasound, but the guys came into town for the afternoon for our ultrasound. We got to take a tour of Labor and Delivery, and they got to meet my doctor at my doctor's appointment. Their sweet girl looked perfect on our ultrasound and I am feeling great. It was so nice to be able to see the guys, and they got to meet my daughter for the first time. I felt bad by the end of the day because my daughter was bored and annoying me like CRAZY and I wasn't as patient with her as I usually am. I had worked all morning and was stressed and anxious about the guys coming and everything going smoothly. I'm glad they got to meet her before the birth of the Bean, but I almost wish I wouldn't have brought her :( I just hope they don't think I'm a terrible mommy for being short tempered! I really hope I have a chance to redeem myself and see them again before the baby comes. 

The guys are so sweet and they brought me a really cute maternity shirt, and they got my daughter an iPod touch! They are so generous and kind, and I feel so blessed to have been matched with this amazing couple. I had a Build a Bear made with the Bean's heartbeat in it for their son, and I made a photo album with all of the ultrasound photos in it. I record the baby's heart beat on my phone and send it to them, and they have told me many times how much their son loves the sound. They say he always stops what he's doing and is mesmerized by the heart beat. So I made him his very own bear with his little sister's heart beat in it so he can snuggle it all the time. They got home and said he loves it, and a few days later K sent me the sweetest pictures of him playing with it! It made my heart melt :) Working at an OB office, I have random ultrasounds every couple of weeks... just because our ultrasound tech is amazing and she loves peeking at the Bean often. I can't complain and of course would never turn down an offer to look at the baby! Especially when you usually only get 1 or 2 ultrasounds in a pregnancy! Of course I always text pictures to the guys after each of the ultrasounds, but I had been saving the hard copies to give to them to keep. When I realized how many pictures I actually had, (about 50!) I decided to put them in an album for the guys, instead of just handing them a big stack of photos. I was really pleased with how it turned out, and they loved it! I told them they'll have to bring the album when they come for the birth, because I'm sure there will be many more ultrasounds to be had! 

Everything else is uneventful and great. I'm feeling good and baby is growing like crazy. I'll leave you with a few updated pictures! 



24 weeks 4 days


My friend is a photographer and we got some pics done while we were on vacation!


Sweet Bean a couple weeks ago



Thanks for reading
xoxo

1 comment:

Michael said...

Getting pics from a surrogate is so special. I loved the ones my surrogate gave me. And also, that picture of you and your daughter is adorable!